At Dubai Airports we are pleased to be welcoming guests from around the world.
Travel restrictions related to Covid-19 continue to ease around the world, however there are still some important points travellers must be aware of while travelling from or to Dubai International (DXB).
For destination specific information, travellers are strongly advised to contact their airline of choice prior to travel.
Travelling to Dubai
Before travel, check with your airline for specific details relevant to your country of departure.
All travellers to the UAE must present a negative PCR test at the departure airport.
The test must be taken no more than 72 hours before departure.
Travellers from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Congo, Ethiopia, India, Liberia, Namibia, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Uganda, Vietnam or Zambia will require the following:
- A valid negative COVID‑19 PCR test certificate with a QR code for a test conducted within 48 hours, validity should be calculated from the time the sample was collected, prior to departure from an approved health facility.
- A rapid PCR test report with a QR code for a test conducted at the departure airport within six hours of departure.
Those (residents and tourists) arriving in Dubai from selected countries will be required to take another COVID‑19 PCR test on arrival at Dubai’s airports. Refer here for the full list of countries.
UAE Nationals, children under the age of 12 and passengers with moderate to severe disabilities are exempt from pre-departure PCR test requirements.
Departing from Dubai
Travellers will need to do COVID‑19 PCR tests only if it is mandated by the country they are travelling to.
Before travel, check with your airline for specific details relevant to your country of arrival as regulations change frequently.
Refer here to a list of authorised COVID‑19 test laboratories in Dubai where you can get tested before travel.
Transiting through Dubai
Before travel, transit customers must check with their airline and their final destination for specific requirements around the presentation of negative COVID-19 PCR test certificates.
Transiting customers arriving from selected countries are required to present a negative COVID 19 PCR test certificate, for details on these countries customers must check with their airline.
In order to maintain public safety all passengers departing from DXB are reminded to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Protective mask must be worn by all travellers.
- Physical distancing must be maintained through the airport.
- Passengers displaying symptoms are advised to not come to the airport and seek medical advice.
Airport safety measures
Precautionary measures have been implemented throughout the airport to maintain the health and safety of our customers and staff. These measures include hand sanitiser stations around the airport, protective plexiglass at check-in and immigration counters, thermal and temperature screening, social distancing markers and increased levels of cleaning and sanitisation in compliance with international standards set out by the relevant authorities.
Check your terminal before flying
All travellers must consult their ticket/airline to confirm terminal of operation before coming to the airport.
- Dubai International (DXB) Terminal 1 - All international airlines (except Emirates)
- Dubai International (DXB) Terminal 2 – flydubai and other regional and international airlines
- Dubai International (DXB) Terminal 3 - Emirates airline and some flydubai flights
This is subject to change. Before you leave for your flight, please check your departure and arrival terminal using our flight status page.
Dubai Airports continues to be fully committed to supporting the measures being taken to ensure the health and safety of our valued customers, our community and our employees.
We continue to urge you to stay safe.