Our two airports have a combined capacity of almost 2.8-million tonnes, and facilities that are fully supported 24 hours a day.
Dubai International (DXB)
- Currently the third busiest hub in the world for international air freight
- Capacity of 2.5 million tonnes, largely clustered around the Cargo Mega Terminal
- Accommodates both general and specialised cargo
- Turnaround of 90 minutes
- Rapid transfer time of as little as six hours for full container load movements between the quayside at Port Rashid or Jebel Ali and the apron at the airport
Al Maktoum International (DWC)
- Capacity of 250,000 tonnes a year, expandable to 600,000 tonnes
- Dedicated bonded road link to Jebel Ali Port, enabling rapid transit of sea to air cargo
- Road feeder service facilitates smooth flow of transit air freight between the two airports
Construction has already begun on a 30,000㎡ addition to Dubai International’s 1.2 million tonne Cargo Mega Terminal (CMT), increasing capacity by 25 percent to 1.5-million tonnes a year. A new 40,000 ton cargo facility is also under construction at Dubai International, to better and more efficiently accommodate the freight volumes moving between the airports.