- Put ‘loose’ items – mobile phone, wallet, watch, keys etc – in your hand baggage.
- Keep a laptop where it can be easily reached: you’ll need to place it in a separate security tray at the scan.
- If your belt has a metal buckle, or your shoes have heels, take them off and put them in a security tray.
- Place liquid containers in a clear, resealable plastic bag, within your hand baggage. Remember each liquid can’t be more than 100ml. Exemptions will be made for: medication, baby milk/foods and special dietary requirements to be used during your trip.
Like all countries, we have rules about what you can and can’t bring with you. Everyone who arrives must pass through customs, so please check the list below beforehand. Some items can result in fines or, in cases such as narcotic drugs, imprisonment.
If you are unsure about anything, please declare your goods when you arrive.
- Gifts not exceeding AED 3,000.
- Cash above AED 100,000 must be declared.
- Maximum of 400 cigarettes, 50 cigars, 500 grams of tobacco.
- Maximum of 4 litres alcohol, 48 cans of beer.
- Medication: A maximum three-months supply of medication for your personal use. Please include an original prescription from a registered medical practitioner. All medications should be in original packaging, and not expired. No psychotropic medicines are allowed (even for personal use, in small quantity and/or with prescription) without prior approval from the Ministry of Health.
Items you cannot bring into the UAE
- All narcotic drugs.
- Gambling tools, machines.
- Ivory and rhinoceros horn.
- Trammel (fishing net with three layers).
- Forged or duplicate currency.
- Any printed material that contradicts Islamic teachings and/or decency, or that deliberately implies immorality or turmoil.
- Cooked and homemade foods.
- Radios, self-defence equipment, sharp-edged knives and swords.
- Weapons, ammunition and military equipment.
- Fireworks and explosives.
- Trees, plants and soil.
Requirements are subject to change. Please consult Dubai Customs for additional details on entry requirements.